- Thank you for your interest in applying for the ASEAN Plus Three Youth Environment Forum (AYEF) 2019. Kindly be informed that the Organising Committee is currently reviewing the applications received.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email by the Organising Committee by the end of August 2019.
On behalf of the Organising Committee,
The ASEAN Plus Three Youth Environment Forum (AYEF) aims to encourage youths in ASEAN to think of their ideal future environment, make a plan, and take action to make the changes required. The event will also provide opportunities for youths in the region to build their knowledge and skill capacity as well as expand networking efforts across the region.
AYEF 2019 will be organised by the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion of Thailand in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat, in Phuket, Thailand, from 8 to 13 September 2019. With the theme “Clean up Our Sea, Change Our Future”, the Forum aims to:
- enhance awareness on the issue of marine debris and its local and global impacts among youths in ASEAN and Plus Three Countries (China, Japan, Republic of Korea);
- increase knowledge and skills and encourage environmental participation and action in response to marine conservation management; and
- expand the network among ASEAN and Plus Three youths who are interested in environment and marine-related issues.
The organiser will cover the costs of participation of successful youth candidates, including airfare, accommodation, and meals.
- University/higher education students
- Aged between 19-25 years old
- Actively involved in environment-related activities or projects in respective countries
- Possess good command of English and able to participate actively in discussions and deliver presentation in English
- Have a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months on the travelling date
- Have knowledge and interest in environmental issues
- Possess leadership qualities
- Duly completed online registration form (please go to: AYEF 2019 Online Registration Form);
- Recent passport-sized photograph;
- Recent copy of valid passport;
The deadline for application is 11 August 2019.
Five (5) youth participants from each ASEAN Member State will be selected by the National Focal Points of the ASEAN Working Group on Environmental Education (AWGEE) based on the above-mentioned criteria. Successful candidates will be notified via registered email by the Organiser.
For general enquiries on AYEF 2019, please contact: