The ASEAN Youth Eco-champions Award (AYECA) recognises young citizens, aged 18-35 years, from ASEAN Member States (AMS) who have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment. The award is presented to two Youth Eco-champions per AMS.
There are two categories based on age:
- Junior Category (Aged 18-25)
- Senior Category (Aged 26-35)
A nominator should ensure that the nominee:
- Is a citizen of the nominating AMS;
- Is between 18 to 35 years old on the closing date of nominations;
- Has contributed significantly to environment outreach, in ASEAN, in areas such as waste management and reduction, climate change and energy efficiency, public cleanliness, water conservation and biodiversity conservation;
- Has been active for at least a duration of two years recently (within the past five years);
- Should not have been awarded other ASEAN youth environmental awards, e.g. the ASEAN Biodiversity Heroes Award.
- Duly filled up nomination form (Junior Category and Senior Category);
- Profile or CV of the nominee;
- At least two testimonials or letters of reference written by individuals other than the nominator who can attest to the nominee’s contributions and achievements to the environment;
- High-resolution photos (1 profile photo and at least 5 action photos) of the nominee that can be used in AYECA information materials;
- (Optional) supporting documents if available (may include but not limited to):
- List of publications featuring the nominee
- List of awards and/or recognitions received
- Relevant media coverage
The deadline for submission of nominations is 5 August 2019.
The award recipients will be notified through an official letter from the Chair of the ASEAN Working Group on Environmental Education (AWGEE), conveyed to the award recipients by the ASEAN Secretariat through or with a copy to the respective National Focal Points of AWGEE.
Each AMS will select two Youth Eco-champions from their respective countries based on the award guidelines and other national criteria.
For general enquiries on AYECA 2019, please contact: