The ASEAN Plus Three Youth Environment Forum (AYEF) 2016 is a 3-day event which will be held tentatively on 8-10 April 2016 in Singapore that aims to encourage the youth in ASEAN to think of their ideal future environment, make a plan and take action to make the changes required. The theme of AYEF 2016, “Imagine, Create, Change”, acknowledges that youths play an important role in shaping ASEAN regional cooperation in the years ahead, and particularly creating Environmentally Sustainable Cities (ESC) in ASEAN.
Through the event, youth participants will be able to
- Build knowledge and skills capacity on environment and the role of youth in environment protection.
- Expand networking across the region and exchange ideas with local Singaporean youths on environmental sustainability.
Participation and Support provided
The forum will select 4 youth delegates from each ASEAN Member States (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam). The selected participants will consist of 2 youths representing Senior High School Category (15-17 years old), and 2 youth representing the University Category (18-25 years old). Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
The selected applicants will receive notification from the organizer, and be entitled to support which includes: international airfare, accommodation, food and local transport (in Singapore).
- Senior high school and university/tertiary students.
- Citizen and resident of ASEAN Member State
- Must be at least 15 years old and no more than 25 years old as of 8 April 2016.
- Valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months on the travelling date
- Creative, and possess the potential leadership
- Actively involved in environment-related activities or projects
- Possess good command of English
- Able to actively participate in discussions, and deliver presentations in English
For all applicants, please make sure that you already have electronic-file or scanned version (pdf/jpeg) of the following documents before you move to next page of the application form:
- Recent colour passport size photograph (max 6 months)
- Valid passport (minimum 6 months prior to the travelling date)
After you submit this online registration form, you will receive an automatic email notification. The organizer will email the result of the selection by the end of January or in the beginning of February, applicants are encouraged to regularly check their email!
Deadline for the application is 15 January 2016 (23:59 Jakarta/Bangkok Time), please bear in mind that incomplete applications and documents, would not be considered.